Affordable dental implants can help your dentures feel more like your own teeth. They decrease—or completely eliminate—some of the issues common with removable complete dentures.
What Are Affordable Dental Implants?
Although four to six dental implants provide maximum stability for dentures, affordable dental implants are a way to secure them without exceeding your budget. By using only two dental implants to anchor the denture, you can save about half the cost.
This treatment uses two dental implants that are placed in the anterior of your jawbone. The denture base is made to accommodate the implants so it snaps onto the implants. A metal bar can be placed over the implants to increase stability.
What Are the Benefits?
Stability – Although your dentures won’t have the same stability as being anchored with four to six implants, they won’t slip around in your mouth, lift up, or fall out.
Comfort – Implants anchor your dentures, so they won’t rest on your gums and cause irritation or sores.
Function – It’s easier to speak and eat with snap-on dentures than with removable complete dentures. Your chewing efficiency and speech won’t be impaired by unstable dentures.
Bone stimulation – Dental implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent shrinkage. Intact jawbone supports your facial muscles and prevents sagging.
To read more about this treatment, visit our implant overdentures page.
What’s the Process?
- Your medical and dental history will be reviewed to ensure you’re a candidate for dental implants. Most people are candidates.
- You will receive an examination and digital x-rays to ensure your bone and gums are healthy and that you have enough jawbone to support dental implants. If you don’t have enough bone, grafting might be required.
- Implant surgery is an in-office procedure.
- Over the next three to four months, osseointegration occurs—your jawbone and the implants will fuse together to provide a solid anchor for your dentures.
- You’ll wear temporary dentures during the healing process and have periodic checkup appointments to monitor the progress.
- Dr. Weiss will provide permanent dentures that are made with high-quality materials.
- After the implants and your jawbone heal, your dentures will be snapped onto them.
- You will let Dr. Weiss know how your dentures feel as you speak, bite down, and chew. He’ll make any needed adjustments.
- Your smile will look natural and feel more like your own teeth than removable dentures.
Taking Care of Affordable Dental Implants
- Each night you will remove your dentures to clean the denture teeth and base.
- Use a soft-bristle toothbrush and non-abrasive paste or denture cleaner.
- Gently clean your gums.
- Maintain your appointments for dental checkups.
If you need an affordable way to stabilize your dentures, schedule an appointment for an exam or a complimentary consultation with Dr. Weiss. You can call us or request an appointment online.