Zoom Whitening is a popular and effective way to quickly give you a brilliant smile. In Philadelphia, cosmetic dentist Dr. Michael Weiss is familiar with Zoom, but he prefers the Venus White Max® system, an alternative in-office whitening system that will get your teeth just as white—and just as quickly—as Zoom, but without the light.
How Does Zoom Work?
Zoom and other professional-strength bleaching gels contain peroxide as the whitening agent. The bleaching gel penetrates your teeth, releases oxygen, and breaks up deeply embedded stains. Even the natural pigment in your teeth will be lightened for an amazingly bright smile. During Zoom whitening, an LED light is used to activate the bleaching gel and accelerate the whitening process. Dr. Weiss and other cosmetic dentists agree that the use of the Zoom light dries out your teeth and can cause increased sensitivity after treatment.
A Comfortable and Highly Effective Alternative
The process of applying Venus White Max whitening is similar to Zoom but without an activation light. Because of that, you won’t experience the side effects of dried-out and sensitive teeth.
Before you receive a whitening treatment, Dr. Weiss will examine your teeth and gums to ensure they are healthy and to determine if bleaching will improve the stains. The whitening process is simple.
- We will retract your cheeks and rinse and dry your teeth.
- We will coat your gums with protective gel to prevent irritation from the bleaching gel.
- The gel will applied to your teeth and remain for about 15 minutes. Unlike Zoom, no acceleration light will be used.
- After the gel is suctioned off and your teeth are rinsed, we will repeat the process three to four times to achieve the shade of whiteness you want.
- After the sessions are complete, you’ll be amazed with the sparkle of your smile. It will be just as brilliantly white, if not whiter than it would be with Zoom.
- Your teeth will continue to get whiter for a day or two, and then the color will stabilize.
- You can decide if your teeth are the shade you anticipated or if you want them even whiter. Dr. Weiss will provide you with custom bleaching trays and Venus whitening gel to continue whitening at home and for periodic touch-ups to maintain your bright smile.
A Sparkling Smile without Discomfort from Zoom
Your smile can sparkle without the dryness and sensitivity that Zoom can cause. If you’re interested in a brighter smile with in-office or take-home teeth whitening, call us to schedule an appointment for a consultation, or request an appointment online. During the consultation, Dr. Weiss will examine your teeth and let you know if this treatment is right for you.